Saturday, October 18, 2014

Happy Fall!

I love a good seasonal theme!  It sure makes planning for sessions easy!!!  Are you looking for fun Halloween activities to promote listening and spoken language?  I've pinned a few... check them out!

http://www.pinterest.com/ratliffkristine/halloween-listening-language/

My favorite Halloween book has to be The Hallo-Wiener by Dav Pilkey.  I created a book companion to go with this cute story.  My students have really enjoyed it!


I also love Room on the Broom by Julia Donaldson, which was released last year.  This book is GREAT for sequencing and retelling.  Many of my kiddos have the goal from the Auditory Learning Guide to sequence a retell a story.  This book is great for targeting that!






Next week, we are moving on to the Little Old Lady Who Was Not Afraid of Anything by Linda Williams...a true classic...



I love seasonal-themed activities, but do have some kiddos who don't celebrate Halloween.  I'm still using a fall-theme with them, but steering clear of jack-o-lanterns, ghosts and all things Halloween...

http://www.pinterest.com/ratliffkristine/fall-activities-for-listening-language/

I'm also using a couple of books and book companions...





...and follow-up Strega Nona worksheets (FREE!)...


Happy Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment